- 1Extremely amusing: her hilarious novelMore example sentences
- Write an extremely best selling novel about my hilarious life in poverty and sell the TV and Film rights.
- The Web site also contains hilarious photos, humorous comics and cartoon strips.
- It was here that the dialogue reached hilarious, and this troupe had a knack for that level of funny.
- 1.1 • archaic Boisterously merry: the meal was noisy and hilariousMore example sentences
- Rachel from north London recalls an hilarious conversation with Sir Ian Blair.
- More example sentences
- They are responsible for the hilariously animated set, the sight-gag props and cartoonishly rendered gore.
- The plot is hilariously convoluted; each twist intentionally contradicting that which has come before.
- Why do some actors write hilariously incoherent and over-the-top political commentary?
early 19th century: from Latin hilaris (from Greek hilaros 'cheerful') + -ous. The sense 'exceedingly amusing' dates from the 1920s.