- An outer garment worn by the ancient Greeks over the left shoulder and under the right.More example sentences
- I dried myself the best I could and was hesitant to wrap myself in the peplos and then the himation and finally the veil.
- Here the goddess wears her high-crested helmet, and a himation replaces her aegis over the peplos.
- Her himation is pulled up over her head, and covers much of her peplos, which is decorated with a dotted lozenge.
More definitions of himationDefinition of himation in:
- The US English dictionary