noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Abnormal growth of hair on a woman’s face and body.More example sentences
- If a woman has irregular menses, abrupt hair loss, hirsutism, or acne recurrence, an endocrine evaluation is appropriate.
- Simultaneously, she was developing hirsutism, excessive growth of body hair.
- Obesity, acne, hirsutism, and acanthosis nigricans may be signs of polycystic ovary syndrome or diabetes mellitus.
More definitions of hirsutismDefinition of hirsutism in:
- The US English dictionary