noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Infection by a fungus found in the droppings of birds and bats in humid areas. It is not serious if confined to the lungs but can be fatal if spread throughout the body.
More example sentences
- The fungus is Histoplasma capsulatum
- The fungus that causes histoplasmosis grows in the ground.
- Disseminated histoplasmosis is usually fatal if not diagnosed early and treated rapidly.
- Patients with infections, multiple sclerosis, or exposure to histoplasmosis should also be identified before using infliximab.
More definitions of histoplasmosisDefinition of histoplasmosis in:
- The US English dictionary