- A curve the radius vector of which represents in magnitude and direction the velocity of a moving object.More example sentences
- Look at hodographs derived from 8 a.m. wind speed and direction data for Flint and Peoria.
- In the next two chapters it will reveal to us how to scale the hodographs for elliptical orbits.
- The hodograph of a simple harmonic motion is shown at the left, with the time dependence displayed.
mid 19th century: from Greek hodos 'way' + -graph.
More definitions of hodographDefinition of hodograph in:
- The US English dictionary