Definition of hole card in English:
1(In stud poker) a card which has been dealt face down.
- Next, a third hole card is dealt to each player, followed by another round of betting.
- If he were to say ‘6 of diamonds ‘and this card is not a hole card nor in anyone's hand, nothing happens.’
- The early surrender rule allows the player to throw in the hand before the dealer checks the hole card for a Blackjack.
1.1chiefly North American A thing that is kept secret until it can be used to one’s own advantage.
- He's my hole card, ‘Sam said enthusiastically.’
- ‘Home equity is your hole card,’ says Phillip, a financial planner.
- That said, today is one of those days when I think the administration could be husbanding its hole cards a little better.
Definition of hole card in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.