Definition of holy place in English:
1A place revered as holy, typically one to which religious pilgrimage is made: the holy places of Islam
More example sentences
- Every religion engages pilgrimage to holy places.
- Every religion, as a matter of doctrine or custom, engages in the practice of pilgrimage to holy places.
- Israel provides freedom of access to all religious shrines and entrusts the administration of the holy places to their respective religious authorities.
1.1 historical The outer chamber of the sanctuary in the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.
- I realized I was probably the first Jew to enter this holy place in over 50 years.
- The Veil marked a point of separation, the holy of holies from the holy place, it also separated the high priest from all the other common priests.
Definition of holy place in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.