Definition of homeboy in English:
nounUS & South African informal
1An acquaintance from one’s own town or neighbourhood, or from the same social background.
- Well, he's a homeboy, a neighbor, from San Rafael.
- I remember a conversation with a homeboy who lost a brother in the wars.
- Imagine the greatest high school basketball player of all time, practically a homeboy, playing in front of customers he created in two years of quasi-professional basketball at the high school level.
1.1(Especially among urban black people) a member of one’s peer group or gang.
- I first started talking with my homeboys about a ceasefire in the gang wars in 1989.
- I guess to their fellow homeboys this is hilarious and considered de rigueur, but to the rest of the world they seem clownish.
- He had been rumoured to have said that he missed his homeboys and the old times.
Definition of homeboy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan