Definition of homogeny in English:
1 another term for homogeneity (see homogeneous).
- You can hear the eclecticism throughout the record, and though it's always refreshing to hear less homogeny in hip-hop, it has more of a scattered feel than was probably intentional.
- The Lower East Side is no longer a bourgeoisie frontier but has become the destination for a customer seeking liberation from the confines of New York homogeny.
- For many, Nirvana was the last big band that mattered, a highly critical and credible force in an industry that thrives more and more on homogeny.
2 Biology , dated Similarity due to common descent.
- To counter these problems Spemann reintroduced Lankester's original distinction between homogeny and homoplasy.
- In Lankester's definition homogeny refers to those aspects of homology that can be traced directly to the common ancestor.
Words that rhyme with homogenyandrogyny, misogyny, progeny
Definition of homogeny in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.