Definition of hophead in English:
1North American A drug addict.
- The outside threat to the paper towel roll pipe proceedings gets us cheering for the hopheads, hoping that they defeat those who would harsh our buzz.
- Our friend Lieutenant Doncaster looked at the two hopheads, looked at me and knew right away I wasn't the Knightmare.
- We looked on the hopheads, crooks and gunsels and on their bawdy ladies as members of a family among whom we were privileged to move.
2Australian /NZ A heavy drinker.
- Be sure to taste the offerings from Delaware's Dogfish Head; if Barmalops, the god of beer, favors us, Randall the Enamel Animal will make an appearance (hopheads take note)!
- This beer is a winner with beer aficionados, especially hopheads who appreciate a hoppy beer that has at least a semblance of balance.
- Grossman's Christmas present, Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, is a holiday favorite among hopheads and is one of the standouts of The News Tribune's Brew Crew Winter Beer Tasting.
Definition of hophead in:
- US English dictionary