Definition of hophead in English:
1North American A drug addict.
- The outside threat to the paper towel roll pipe proceedings gets us cheering for the hopheads, hoping that they defeat those who would harsh our buzz.
- Our friend Lieutenant Doncaster looked at the two hopheads, looked at me and knew right away I wasn't the Knightmare.
- We looked on the hopheads, crooks and gunsels and on their bawdy ladies as members of a family among whom we were privileged to move.
2Australian /NZ A heavy drinker.
- Be sure to taste the offerings from Delaware's Dogfish Head; if Barmalops, the god of beer, favors us, Randall the Enamel Animal will make an appearance (hopheads take note)!
- This beer is a winner with beer aficionados, especially hopheads who appreciate a hoppy beer that has at least a semblance of balance.
- Grossman's Christmas present, Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, is a holiday favorite among hopheads and is one of the standouts of The News Tribune's Brew Crew Winter Beer Tasting.
Definition of hophead in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan