- 1A European plant of the cabbage family, with long dock-like leaves, grown for its pungent edible root.
More example sentences
- Armoracia rusticana, family Cruciferae
- Did you know that the green part of the horseradish plant was one of the five bitter herbs served on the traditional Passover seder plate during the reading of the Haggadah?
- Interplant with horseradish, dead nettle, catnip, coriander, nasturtiums, and tansy.
- As soon as the soil can be worked, plant bare-root asparagus, horseradish, Jerusalem artichokes, and rhubarb.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Horseradish root, scraped or grated as a condiment and often made into a sauce.More example sentences
- I could barely detect the horseradish in the creamy bed of mashed potato, a more generous grating would have perked it up.
- Every time she dashed off saying: ‘Oooh, I forgot the horseradish, I'll be back in a minute ’, I contemplated the line of groceries and the possibility that she would never come back.
- Remove from the heat, add the horseradish, parsley, and garlic, and toss to combine.
More definitions of horseradishDefinition of horseradish in:
- The US English dictionary