Definition of hot gospel in English:
noun[mass noun] informal
The fervent propounding of religious beliefs; zealous evangelism: [as modifier]: hot-gospel preachers still claim a popular following
More example sentences
- The station's programming is nonconfrontational, and hot gospel shows are all the rage.
- Lyman speaks like an old-time, American hot gospel preacher, and yet at the same time is so sincere and convinced of the correctness of his beliefs that he has influenced even hardened meat-eaters.
hot gospeller noun
- Example sentences
- This is the style of hot gospellers preaching to the convinced but can convince none other.
- He also killed as an evangelical hot gospeller, praying to the Lord to ‘share the booty.’
- The pioneer of American religious broadcasting was not a Protestant hot gospeller, but a devout Catholic Archbishop.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan