Definition of hotlink in English:
1A connection between documents or applications which enables material from one source to be incorporated into another, in particular a facility which automatically updates material in a document when an alteration is made to the document from which it originated.
- So far at least ten webmasters have hot links successfully enabled on their web pages.
- A wizard leads users through the steps required to upload images on a Web site and add GIS functionality such as zooms, pans and hot links.
- Participants will be charged a flat, annual ‘space’ fee of $2,500 that includes hot links and keyword search capabilities.
1.1A hypertext link.
- There's also tighter integration: for example, you can highlight hot links in mail messages to launch the browser.
- Over 3,000 vendor listings in 270 categories, such as drying and dehumidification of paper and microfilm records, are featured, along with hot links to vendor Web sites.
- The alert comes in with the name of the author, the blog, the first few lines of the content and a hot link to the source.
verb[with object] Back to top
Connect (two documents) by means of a hotlink.
- How long before keywords in messages are hot-linked to sponsored sites?
- Sutherland says that information produced by teams was hot-linked to the other models, so that the entire 3D database was coordinated in dimensional and locational attributes.
- A massively revised list, with approximately 70 hot-linked entries, is now available here.
Definition of hotlink in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.