A large-eyed nocturnal gecko of the Old World tropics, occupying a range of habitats including houses.
- Hemidactylus, Gehyra, and other genera, family Gekkonidae: several species
More example sentences
- You absolutely need a cover or house geckos run up the glass, take a flying leap, and hit the floor running.
- Instead, the house geckos loitered near the lights, snaring all the insects they could eat.
- Up to 800 adult house geckos have been caught in one night from one market near Jakarta.
Definition of house gecko in:
- The US English dictionary