- A large spider which frequently lives in houses, where it builds a sheet-like web:
More example sentences
- ● a common European spider which builds a large web with a tubular retreat in one corner (genus Tegenaria, family Ageleridae). ● a common North American spider (Achaearanea tepidariorum, family Theridiidae).
- Other biting spiders include the black house spider and huntsman.
- The spider is the house spider which is more common this year thanks to the hot summer.
- And recently, my ex-partner told me she'd caught one of those huge house spiders you get at this time of year, by one leg instead of cupping it in her hand, and it bit her.