- Unable to leave one’s house, typically due to illness or old age.More example sentences
- Without marijuana, they'd be housebound - weak, unable to hold down food and wracked with muscle spasms.
- Meals are provided 365 days a year to those who are elderly and housebound and unable to cook a hot meal for themselves.
- Those in pain, or housebound by illness, will not be impressed by waiting list cuts if they are still expected to wait years for treatment.
More definitions of houseboundDefinition of housebound in:
- The US English dictionary