- Providing detailed and practical advice about the way to do something: a how-to book on public speakingMore example sentences
- Teens can also learn how to make illegal drugs; plenty of Web sites offer recipes, ingredients, and detailed how-to photos.
- The series will look at problems with the current industry, explore how family farms and local economies might play in a better model, and offer how-to advice for creating and sustaining that model.
- I know, in the way that I know that Australia is moving north at the rate that our toe nails grow, that only 2% of people who buy how-to books or self-help books act on the advice of the book.
noun (plural how-tos)Back to top
- A book or other guide that provides detailed and practical advice: a how-to on processing digital imagesMore example sentences
- Diet books, medical guides, how-tos and self-improvement schemes, after all, ritually command readers to do it this way, not that way.
- The final bibliography on other how-tos and books on comics is excellent, as are the reading lists along the way, even if Chinn's tastes run a little uncool.
- Also on the site is a lengthy primer that provides a near-step-by-step how-to in establishing and empowering a Web presence for a candidate.
More definitions of how-toDefinition of how-to in:
- The US English dictionary