Definition of however in English:
- Live, however, the contrasting styles of the two albums meet perfectly in the middle.
- The contrary view, however, is that granite is a mixture of crustal and mantle sources.
- As neither is a centrally contracted player, however, the club will have a say in the matter.
- I do know that whatever we decide and however we do things, many people will be disappointed.
- Anyway, however it comes about, a big grin and a warm glow are jolly good things!
- However it happens, once you know the score you need to start work immediately to fight back.
- She knows that readers respond not to dry arguments, however true, but to human stories.
- By all means stand by your article, however offensive some may find it, as long as it is based on fact or logic.
- It has to be done at the time, whatever the conditions and however tired, wet and cold people may be.
When ever is used for emphasis after how or why, it should be written as a separate word. Thus it is correct to write how ever did you manage? rather than however did you manage? (as distinct from other uses of the adverb however, which is always written as one word). With other words such as what, where, and who, the situation is not clear-cut: both two-word and one-word forms (both what ever and whatever, and so on) are well represented, and neither is regarded as particularly more correct than the other.
Words that rhyme with howeverclever, endeavour (US endeavor), ever, forever, howsoever, never, never-never, sever, Trevor, whatever, whatsoever, whenever, whensoever, wheresoever, wherever, whichever, whichsoever, whoever, whomever, whomsoever, whosoever
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.