- 1Excessive pride or self-confidence: the self-assured hubris among economists was shaken in the late 1980sMore example sentences
- Arrogance, hubris, blind patriotism, and good old fashioned fear are our real enemy!
- As a Christian I am well aware that pride and hubris precede a fall.
- His enemies prefer to see him as a victim, once again, of his own arrogance, of hubris, and an addiction to taking himself too seriously.
- 1.1(In Greek tragedy) excessive pride towards or defiance of the gods, leading to nemesis.More example sentences
- The terms hamartia and hubris should become basic tools of your critical apparatus.
- The arc of the members' lives follows precisely the classic Greek model of destiny, hubris and nemesis.
- Throughout the genre, since its beginning, nemesis has clobbered hubris.