verb (humidifies, humidifying, humidified)[with object]
Increase the level of moisture in (air): a regulated flow of humidified air
More example sentences
- The water bubbler humidified the air to minimize desiccation.
- We previously showed that subjects with seasonal allergic rhinitis, out of their allergy season, had a reduced ability to warm and humidify air compared with normal subjects.
- Even if you live in the mountains or desert - habitats usually unfriendly to dust mites - you may have dust mites in your home if you humidify your air.
- Example sentences
- Several studies have found symptoms to be associated with central air conditioning with or without humidification.
- Many wood furnaces also are designed to burn coal, and some have blowers for increased combustion temperatures as well as optional evaporation pans for humidification.
- All three office buildings were mechanically ventilated without humidification.
Words that rhyme with humidifyacidify, rigidify, solidify
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: hu¦mid|ify
Definition of humidify in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.