- 1(Of a place) very quiet and still: he addressed the hushed courtroomMore example sentences
- Taking the heavy door of the theater in his hand, Michael extends his arm in a great arc as if to slam it with a force that would send shakes through the hushed room.
- The restaurant itself was very intimate - dimmed lights, candles, columns with vines, and an all-around hushed atmosphere.
- ‘Galleries are often hushed spaces where people feel slightly unrelaxed,’ she says.
- 1.1(Of a voice or conversation) quiet and serious: the nurses were talking in hushed voicesMore example sentences
- Sure enough, as I enter the kitchen, the door to the conservatory is slightly ajar and I can hear his smooth, deep voice in hushed conversation on the telephone.
- For a long time, life went on as before, and the conversation promised in hushed voices on the airplane never took place.
- There were Isaac and Zach, conversing in hushed voices.
More definitions of hushedDefinition of hushed in:
- The US English dictionary