Definition of hydraulics in English:
1 [usually treated as singular] The branch of science and technology concerned with the conveyance of liquids through pipes and channels, especially as a source of mechanical force or control.
- The first volume covered dynamics, mechanics, hydrostatics, hydraulics, aerostatics, and pneumatics.
- Cooper says customers are now looking for more support and not just commissioning products and then outsourcing support for hydraulics, manufacturing and mechanical engineering.
- In his lifetime he contributed much in the fields of mechanics, hydraulics, architecture, engineering, and natural history.
2Hydraulic systems or forces: the lift is driven by hydraulics
More example sentences
- More complex systems utilize hydraulics and computers.
- They are particularly impressed by the hydraulics on the machine.
- The dump body is made of industrial-weight polyethylene, and the drive system uses a winch rather than costly hydraulics.
Definition of hydraulics in:
- US English dictionary