noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A strongly acidic solution of the gas hydrogen iodide in water.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: HI
- In the method of the present invention, the hydriodic acid is administered orally, as hydriodic syrup.
- The principal chemicals are ephedrine or pseudoephedrine, hydriodic acid, and red phosphorus.
- In this way, by adding phosphorus to the reaction mixture, hydrogen iodide is recycled and the reducing efficiency of hydriodic acid is enhanced.
More definitions of hydriodic acidDefinition of hydriodic acid in:
- The US English dictionary