noun[mass noun] Medicine
- The accumulation of serous fluid in a body sac: hydrocele may progress over the years [count noun]: the swelling is a hydrocele of the cordMore example sentences
- Possible causes include tumors of the testicle or spermatic cord, spermatoceles, hydroceles, varicoceles, hernias, or lipomas.
- What are some of the specific complications associated with hydrocele / hernia surgery?
- A hydrocele occurs when fluid collects in the membranes surrounding the testes.
More definitions of hydroceleDefinition of hydrocele in:
- The US English dictionary