- We know that the Moon is low on certain chemicals such as hydrogen and carbon.
- Chemically, oil is made up of chains of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen called fatty acid.
- It was a very dry world, almost no water, and not much carbon, hydrogen or oxygen either.
Hydrogen is the lightest of the chemical elements and has the simplest atomic structure, a single electron orbiting a nucleus consisting of a single proton. It is by far the commonest element in the universe, although not on the earth, where it occurs chiefly combined with oxygen as water
late 18th century: coined in French from Greek hudro- 'water' + -genēs (see -gen).
- More example sentences
- Based on new results, the role played by hydrogenous species in the generation is explored.
- In the U.S., we import almost everything under the sun, and many of those imports are hydrogenous.
- These materials are made of a low density solid hydrogenous material which binds a powder of medium density materials.
Definition of hydrogen in:
- The US English dictionary