Definition of hydrogen in English:
A colourless, odourless, highly flammable gas, the chemical element of atomic number 1. (Symbol: H)
- We know that the Moon is low on certain chemicals such as hydrogen and carbon.
- Chemically, oil is made up of chains of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen called fatty acid.
- It was a very dry world, almost no water, and not much carbon, hydrogen or oxygen either.
- Example sentences
- Based on new results, the role played by hydrogenous species in the generation is explored.
- In the U.S., we import almost everything under the sun, and many of those imports are hydrogenous.
- These materials are made of a low density solid hydrogenous material which binds a powder of medium density materials.
Words that rhyme with hydrogennitrogen
Definition of hydrogen in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan