Definition of hymnody in English:
The singing or composition of hymns.
- Where should we stand with church architecture, hymnody, liturgical elements and the like?
- Cyberspace will not eclipse the Eucharist or destroy Protestant hymnody, although it might frustrate a lot of liturgists and composers!
- She attends to the scriptural basis of prayer and hymnody, as well as reading and sermon.
- Example sentences
- Father John went on to become one of the two best hymnodists among the Greek Fathers.
- The familiar adaptation used here is the work of Thomas Helmore, a nineteenth-century hymnodist.
- The great hymnodist alludes to the transferral of the bones in his Carmina Nisibena.
Definition of hymnody in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan