- (Of a classical building) having no roof: the hypaethral templeMore example sentences
- The circular, hypaethral shrine stands surrounded by paddy fields with a big tank for ritual bathing near it.
- Or shall it be a quarter of heaven itself - an hypethral temple, consecrated to the service of the gods?
- It is also necessary to visit the hypaethral museum of Macedonian Fight in the Mpourino, near the village Chromio.
late 18th century: via Latin from Greek hupaithros (from hupo 'under' + aithēr 'air') + -al.
More definitions of hypaethralDefinition of hypaethral in:
- The US English dictionary