Definition of hyperboloid in English:
A solid or surface having plane sections that are hyperbolas, ellipses, or circles.
- In the vicinity of point M, we assume that the surface of the hyperboloid is a plane.
- Out of this work came another of Wren's important mathematical results, namely that the hyperboloid of revolution is a ruled surface.
- In 1826 he generalised his theorem to a hyperboloid of revolution, rather than a cone.
- Example sentences
- He has a Parisian optician produce hyperboloidal lenses for a demonstration, but the lenses are a failure.
- These members complete the hyperboloidal structural connections to make the new structural principle operate.
- For general hyperboloidal gears, let us now calculate and in the same way in terms of the velocity ratio.
Definition of hyperboloid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan