noun[mass noun] Medicine
An excess of glucose in the bloodstream, often associated with diabetes mellitus.
More example sentences
- Three key features of diabetic acidosis are hyperglycemia, ketosis, and acidosis.
- He suffered myocardial infarction in 1994 and has diabetes mellitus, hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, and impaired renal function.
- Cardiovascular disease is substantially increased in diabetes, with hyperglycaemia an independent risk factor.
- More example sentences
- The initiating event in hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state is glucosuric diuresis.
- The initial data collection demonstrated our institution has poor postoperative CABG hyperglycemic management.
- The treatment of the hyperglycaemic Struldbrugg is not straightforward either.
Definition of hyperglycaemia in:
- The US English dictionary