- Long-sightedness.More example sentences
- Contact lenses can be used most advantageously to correct myopia, but can also be used for hypermetropia and corneal astigmatism.
- Apart from testing the eye, they supply booklets detailing eye care with particular reference to refractive errors such as myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism.
- The medical name for long-sightedness is hypermetropia.
mid 19th century: from Greek hupermetros 'beyond measure' (from huper 'over, above' + metron 'measure') + ōps 'eye'.
More definitions of hypermetropiaDefinition of hypermetropia in:
- The US English dictionary