Of or in a state in which mutation is abnormally frequent.
- After 60 cycles of single colony isolation, close to 30% of the lineages have a mutation at this hypermutable site.
- As predicted by the fact that microsatellites are hypermutable, many flanking-sequence variants were associated with multiple repeat alleles.
- The situation of recurrent mutation is especially likely for a C / T polymorphism at the hypermutable CpG dinucleotides.
- Example sentences
- For example, somatic hypermutation of Ig genes is used to generate antibodies with increased antigen affinity.
- Among the progeny, a variable proportion suffer hypermutation (C-to-T transitions) of both copies of the gene.
- The corresponding near-neighbors had to be removed because not all putative CG tandems are generated by CG hypermutation.
Definition of hypermutable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.