Definition of hypermutable in English:
Of or in a state in which mutation is abnormally frequent.
- After 60 cycles of single colony isolation, close to 30% of the lineages have a mutation at this hypermutable site.
- As predicted by the fact that microsatellites are hypermutable, many flanking-sequence variants were associated with multiple repeat alleles.
- The situation of recurrent mutation is especially likely for a C / T polymorphism at the hypermutable CpG dinucleotides.
- Example sentences
- For example, somatic hypermutation of Ig genes is used to generate antibodies with increased antigen affinity.
- Among the progeny, a variable proportion suffer hypermutation (C-to-T transitions) of both copies of the gene.
- The corresponding near-neighbors had to be removed because not all putative CG tandems are generated by CG hypermutation.
Definition of hypermutable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan