Definition of hyperthermia in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
The condition of having a body temperature greatly above normal.
- Dantrolene is used to treat malignant hyperthermia, a condition that bears striking clinical resemblance to NMS.
- Furthermore, the use of hypothermia blankets is associated with large temperature fluctuations and rebound hyperthermia.
- In some cases, hyperthermia (high body temperature) and convulsions can lead to death, according to NIDA.
- Example sentences
- Heart rate, cardiac output, and minute ventilation increase under hyperthermic conditions, while visceral perfusion decreases.
- Based on these findings, irrigation fluids should approximate body temperature to avoid hypothermic or hyperthermic injury.
- She had become increasingly hyperthermic throughout the night.
Definition of hyperthermia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan