Definition of hypochondriac in English:
A person who is abnormally anxious about their health.
- It has been the hot tech topic for hypochondriacs and health buffs for years.
- Her patients range from the terminally ill to manipulative hypochondriacs, from veiled Bangladeshi women to convicted felons.
- It's nearly impossible to ignore such complaints, because now and then, even hypochondriacs get sick.
valetudinarian, valetudinary, malingering, neurotic, health-obsessed, obsessed with one's health, preoccupied with ill health, anxious about one's health
adjectiveBack to top
another term for hypochondriacal.
- Also heavily featured is a hypochondriac police psychologist who provides Mr Paz's love interest.
- This point can be used in the treatment of disorders of zang organs, such as spleenomegaly, hepatomegaly, hypochondriac pain or jaundice.
- It eliminates hypochondriac pain and relieves stagnated anger.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan