1Relating to the region immediately beneath the skin.
- TpnI 6a exons, the transcripts of which are mainly expressed in larval hypodermic muscles, may have evolved similarly.
1.1(Of a needle or syringe) used to inject a drug or other substance beneath the skin.
- He paid a $200 fine for possession of hypodermic syringes, needles, and other paraphernalia.
- Last week, Riverside County voted 3-2 to reject a proposal to provide clean hypodermic needles to intravenous drug users.
- The force required to move a syringe plunger is measured using a hypodermic syringe tester.
A hypodermic syringe or injection: the hypodermics left strewn around the piazza
More example sentences
- It's comparable to finding junky hypodermics in the gutter at the Magic Kingdom.
- Today one can just use a needle and syringe to inject a drug into the bloodstream, but other means were needed in the days before hypodermics.
- Leave your barrel in the street next to the supermarket trolley, the rotting sofa and the binbag full of used hypodermics.
- Example sentences
- Morphine injected hypodermically was much more powerful and potentially addictive than opium taken orally.
- If it is desirable to stop the sweating abruptly, atropine hypodermically may be resorted to.
- The condition of these patients was alarming but improved under adrenalin hypodermically and artificial respiration.
Words that rhyme with hypodermictaxidermic, thermic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.