Definition of hypomagnesaemia in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine & Veterinary Medicine
Deficiency of magnesium in the blood, important in cattle as the cause of grass tetany.
- Rule out reversible underlying causes (such as hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia and hypoxia).
- Severe magnesium deficiency, or hypomagnesaemia, can block the release of parathyroid hormone.
- Hypokalemia and/or hypomagnesemia can increase the risk of QT prolongation and arrhythmia.
- hypomagnesaemic adjective
- Example sentences
- There was a single case of clinical hypomagnesaemic tetany for a ewe grazing an N plus K plot in year 1.
- In a hypomagnesemic patient with healthy kidneys, the excretion of magnesium should be less than 1 mEq / L.
- It has been suggested that some forms of hypertension could be due to the direct effects of a hypomagnesaemic state on arteriolar and venular tone.
Definition of hypomagnesaemia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.