Definition of hypomania in English:
noun[mass noun] Psychiatry
A mild form of mania, marked by elation and hyperactivity.
- As noted earlier, patients suffering from mania or hypomania seldom consult psychoanalysts.
- A mild to moderate level of mania is called hypomania.
- The clinical presentations of this disorder are broad and include mania, hypomania and psychosis.
- Example sentences
- No significant clinical side effects were observed during the study except one male who developed a hypomanic episode.
- However, one patient was withdrawn as a result of significant hypomanic personality changes.
- In addition, they may induce hypomanic or manic symptoms in vulnerable persons, unmasking bipolarity.
Definition of hypomania in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.