Definition of hypovolaemia in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
A decreased volume of circulating blood in the body.
- Possible side effects include hypovolemia, orthostatic hypotension, and urinary loss of potassium and magnesium.
- If the patient shows evidence of symptomatic hypovolemia, blood should be sent for type and cross.
- Thirst is also stimulated by hypotension and hypovolemia.
- Example sentences
- This issue is of minor importance in most instances of either pure hemorrhagic or hypovolemic shock.
- Less commonly, ectopic pregnancy presents with pain radiating to the shoulder, vaginal bleeding, syncope and/or hypovolemic shock.
- The benefits are prevention of recurrent splenic sequestration crises and reduction of the risk of hypovolemic shock and morbidity.
Definition of hypovolaemia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.