Definition of hypoxia in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
1Deficiency in the amount of oxygen reaching the tissues.
- Increased hypoxia in local tissues, marked oedema of the toes, or development of venous hypertension may be involved.
- This is not easy, as too little fluid will cause hypoperfusion whereas too much will lead to oedema that will cause tissue hypoxia.
- These hemorrhagic and hemolytic events would result in tissue hypoxia that would, in turn, stimulate erythropoiesis.
- Example sentences
- One baby had signs of hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy with fits.
- But there was no difference in glucose intolerance between hypoxic and hypoglycemic conditions.
- Seizures are usually due to hypoxic encephalopathy, hemorrhage or cerebral infarction.
Definition of hypoxia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan