Definition of ichor in English:
1 Greek Mythology The fluid which flows like blood in the veins of the gods.
- They don't have blood in their veins, they have ichor which runs in their veins, which is obviously some kind of immortal fluid.
- His eyes glazed over and he crumpled in the chair like a God robbed of ichor.
2 archaic A watery discharge from a wound.
- Unable to even screech before the veil of death fell upon her, Solokar perished instantly, rivulets of green ichor spraying from her wounds.
- Immediately, clear ichor began to pour from the wound.
- Gun shots split ghouls' heads completely in half in a splatter of black gore and ichor.
Mid 17th century: from Greek ikhōr.
- Example sentences
- Abscesses may open and discharge bloody ichorous pus.
- From the ulcer an ichorous fluid is discharged, and shreds of tissue slough off and are mixed with the changed and vitiated saliva.
- In low conditions of abscess, when pus is thin, dark, ichorous, and offensive in character, Lachesis may be the remedy.
Words that rhyme with ichormanticore • encore
Definition of ichor in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan