Definition of ichor in English:
1 Greek Mythology The fluid which flows like blood in the veins of the gods.
- They don't have blood in their veins, they have ichor which runs in their veins, which is obviously some kind of immortal fluid.
- His eyes glazed over and he crumpled in the chair like a God robbed of ichor.
2 archaic A watery discharge from a wound.
- Unable to even screech before the veil of death fell upon her, Solokar perished instantly, rivulets of green ichor spraying from her wounds.
- Immediately, clear ichor began to pour from the wound.
- Gun shots split ghouls' heads completely in half in a splatter of black gore and ichor.
- Example sentences
- Abscesses may open and discharge bloody ichorous pus.
- From the ulcer an ichorous fluid is discharged, and shreds of tissue slough off and are mixed with the changed and vitiated saliva.
- In low conditions of abscess, when pus is thin, dark, ichorous, and offensive in character, Lachesis may be the remedy.
Mid 17th century: from Greek ikhōr.
Words that rhyme with ichormanticore • encore
Definition of ichor in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.