Definition of ichthyosis in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
A congenital skin condition which causes the epidermis to become dry and horny like fish scales.
- Severe dry skin is a feature of certain genetic diseases such as atopic dermatitis and ichthyosis (fish scale-like skin).
- Most healthcare professionals know about Arthritis Care and the Alzheimer's Disease Society, but do you know where to find support groups for people with Kawasaki disease, ichthyosis, or acne?
- The differential diagnosis includes venous stasis dermatitis, pretibial myxedema, filariasis, and ichthyosis.
- Example sentences
- The lotions and creams that are required to maintain ichthyotic skin can be very tough on clothes.
- Affected children present with severe blistering and ichthyotic erythroderma soon after birth.
- A moisturiser was thus undoubtedly efficacious in ichthyotic skin, but the effect was only temporary.
Definition of ichthyosis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan