- A hypothetical gas whose molecules occupy negligible space and have no interactions, and which consequently obeys the gas laws exactly.More example sentences
- An underlying premise is that an ideal gas obeys the gas laws perfectly, and its behavior may be adequately described by kinetic theory.
- In the case of an ideal gas (whose molecules do not interact) there will be no change in internal energy either so.
- Even though no ideal gases exist, real gases, for the most part, adhere to the principles outlined above.
More definitions of ideal gasDefinition of ideal gas in:
- The US English dictionary