Definition of idealistic in English:
Characterized by idealism; unrealistically aiming for perfection: idealistic young doctors who went to work for the rebels
More example sentences
- Is the whole idea that there possibly could be something more to it just some idealistic fairytale notion?
- Is it naively idealistic to imagine a British prime minister taking on such a Herculean burden?
- There are parallels with Preston Tucker, the idealistic American inventor.
- Example sentences
- ‘It sounds idealistically trite now,’ she says.
- Rather, they idealistically tend to believe that we should use our unparalleled military power judiciously and in concert with the United Nations.
- I idealistically said that money was not a factor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan