noun[treated as singular]
- A tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics.More example sentences
- The magazine also features an essay on New Zealand film Whale Rider, directed by Niki Caro, and its promotion of identity politics.
- They have joined new social movements and have chosen identity politics rather than partisan politics.
- In the process, women get caught up in nationalist politics in different ways, and identity politics come to impact on gender relations.
More definitions of identity politicsDefinition of identity politics in:
- The US English dictionary