A large partly bipedal herbivorous dinosaur of the early to mid Cretaceous period, with a broad stiff tail and the thumb developed into a spike.
- Genus Iguanodon, infraorder Ornithopoda, order Ornithischia
More example sentences
- Aladar the iguanodon, the Tarzan of the dinosaur world, is raised by lemurs.
- While still but a lowly egg, a baby iguanodon becomes permanently separated from his momma during a vicious carnosaur attack.
- Still more shadowy were the sinister crocodilian outlines - alligators and other horrible reptiles, culminating in the colossal lizard, the iguanodon.
modern Latin, from iguana + Greek odous, odont- 'tooth' (because its teeth resemble those of the iguana).
Definition of iguanodon in:
- The US English dictionary