- Having dim or inadequate lighting: a gloomy, ill-lit hallwayMore example sentences
- While wall paintings and perhaps stained glass introduced colour to otherwise gloomy, ill-lit interiors, furnishings were sparse.
- For someone who spent the majority of her formative scientific years slaving away in aged, dingy, cramped and ill-lit conditions, the laboratories within were a marvel, and I was curious to get a closer look.
- It was midnight when she left the rooftop to walk down the stairs, past her room, and along the ill-lit corridor to the massive wooden door that opened onto the courtyard.
More definitions of ill-litDefinition of ill-lit in:
- The US English dictionary