- 1Having an unhealthy appearance: an assortment of ill-looking characters were already waiting for the surgery to openMore example sentences
- The high pace and the rough weather conditions made the field crumble and an ill-looking Bradley Wiggins was defeated on the flat road headed towards the finish line.
- Emma looks terrible, so drawn and ill looking.
- Naturally slim is one thing, ill looking is quite another.
- 2Not pleasing to look at: unattractive: he was not ill-looking though he was not really handsome eitherMore example sentences
- The city presented, at first view, nothing but a mass of ill-looking houses, built of earth.
- William is an amiable fellow, and not ill-looking either.
- You are not precisely handsome, but you are not ill looking, and you have impeccable family connections.