- Among the many illustrations in this new book are previously unpublished photographs by Warhol.
- Wentzloff has been drawing children's book illustrations since she was only a child.
- It was Mr. Kalliganur who did the cover design and also a few illustrations for all these books.
- This is a powerful tool, and the author's explanation and illustration should help players apply it to their own study.
- By the close integration of text, commentary, and illustration, he gave the renaissance world a definitive anatomical thesis.
- We focus on legislation, explanation, interpretation and illustration in the form of examples.
- What more graphic illustration of that very point can there be than their reaction to Moore's article.
- He then gives a colourful and graphic illustration of the point.
- David O. Russell used a similar effect in Three Kings as a graphic and terrifying illustration of what a gunshot can do.
- Example sentences
- The only exceptions to this rule are a baseball card and a few purely illustrational reproductions of newspaper clippings or book covers.
- Schad's graphic work, often anecdotal and illustrational, is evocative of George Grosz but without the muscle.
- More illustrational than painterly in feel, they are still further evidence of Joyce's playful sensibility.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'illumination; spiritual or intellectual enlightenment'): via Old French from Latin illustratio(n-), from the verb illustrare (see illustrate).
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: il¦lus|tra¦tion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.