- A black mineral consisting of oxides of iron and titanium, of which it is the main ore.More example sentences
- Some of the characteristic minerals found in kimberlite are olivine, pyrope garnet, enstatite, diopside, ilmenite, phlogopite, perovskite, magnetite, and spinel.
- Titanium resides principally in heavy minerals: ilmenite, rutile, anatase and sphene, whereas Zr is located predominantly in zircon.
- The pegmatite is composed of microcline, plagioclase and quartz with minor amounts of clinopyroxene, orthopyroxene, ilmenite and zircon.
early 19th century: named after the Ilmen mountains in the Urals + -ite1.
More definitions of ilmeniteDefinition of ilmenite in:
- The US English dictionary