Definition of imagineer in English:
A person who devises and implements a new or highly imaginative concept or technology, in particular one who devises the attractions in Walt Disney theme parks.
- It turns out that they're hucksters, though - they go to improbably lengths to set up hoax monsters that would earn respect from Disneyworld's imagineers.
- In the absence of hard evidence and faced with an event which looked so much like the popcorn Armageddon of Hollywood's top imagineers, the public have been turning to esoteric sources for explanation and comfort.
- Disney's imagineers have scoured the color spectrum and discovered the shades least noticeable to the human eye.
verb[with object] (often as noun imagineering) Back to top
Devise and implement (a new or highly imaginative concept or technology): theme parks are benefiting from a new era of imagineering
More example sentences
- When hikers discovered that a good view was being obstructed by trees, the government would unleash lumberjacks - and cows - to deforest the area, imagineering the scene back into the Platonic tourist ideal.
- It seems like the people over at Disney have imagineered a great way to save money.
- Take, for example, a new packaging concept imagineered recently in the online industry newsletter.
1940s: from imagine, on the pattern of engineer.
Definition of imagineer in:
- US English dictionary