Definition of imposing in English:
Grand and impressive in appearance: an imposing 17th-century manor house
More example sentences
- From the street, the flats present an imposing, clean-cut modern appearance, with their front-to-back pitched roof, western red cedar cladding and prominent balconies.
- A high domed roof and Ionic-Corinthian pillars give the General Post Office in Kolkata an imposing appearance.
- The two towers on both sides create an imposing impression, beginning from a square base that gradually rounds off at the top.
- 1imposingly adverb
- Example sentences
- And at an imposingly athletic 6ft 3ins tall, he doesn't have to do much to command the attention of the room.
- These poems evoke outer and inner landscapes that have worn and changed with time but are still imposingly alive.
- Seated in a big chair there was a large man dressed imposingly in what looked like formal military costume.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.